Thursday, July 15, 2010

16 Yr Old Linsey Dawn Mckenzie

Chapter 7: Steps Back.

CHAPTER 7
Pride relates to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we want others think of us.



Emma is torn, it would return to his home, but wants to find out more about what she thought was really his father. Can not believe all the luck that had been had with the fraud.
The relationship with the mother is always stormy.

begins to know david

----

I went to sneak in the living room, and I realized that the voices that I had heard came from TV. The film showed a birthday party:
- say something about Eric! You do not want to look at this video when Emma thinks that her mother did not want to spend a word on his birthday! - Said the voice of my father.
- Jack, what do you want to understand, has only one year! - Said an angry young Erica. But Erica's video had something different, it was something in the way of speaking and her face ... He seemed happy.
She laughed, I wondered if she really had a real laugh or if it was the stand-in, and then opened his mouth and let out a series of murmurs in the direction of a little girl with dimples across the fiery red hair.
The little girl, that I began to clap hands and laugh, I wanted to cry.



I walked trying not to make any noise, but when I was close enough I realized that there is no need black, Erica was asleep in a position that looked very uncomfortable, clutching a bottle of brandy almost completely empty.
Sighing I took the remote and turned off one of the few idyllic moments of my life, even if you do not even remember. I took the bottle from the greedy hands of Erica and covered it with a sub-deck.
I walked into my room with the bottle still in hand, I know I should put it applied, but no one would have noticed that was missing, I would have hidden the evidence.



After a few days from the funeral, I had finally discovered the habits of Erica. Instead of staying at the club to play bridge and gossip with her friends, she spent all her time studying for Dad to read papers.
The connection that I felt I had done, and I began to fear that it was something much more serious than I had imagined.
I stood outside the door ajar in the study suggest a plausible excuse to get in, but things like "Hello Mom, sorry to bother you, but I was trying to do something together! Or" Hello mom, I knew I was in the study of Dad, nice is not it? "were not credible.



After nearly a quarter of an hour I gave up the enterprise, it was clear that my mother and I did not have any kind of relationship, so I had hopes of entering the room without arousing suspicion.
stravaccai and I went downstairs on the couch, I was hoping that between 4000 TV channels available to the Mullen family could find something interesting.



few hours later I heard screaming Mara come home, I leaned over and noticed that his figure was entirely concealed by packages. Risi
the scene, a woman made up as we do not expect ever to see her in a moment of normality.
- Instead of laughing at me come and help me! 'll Never be able to organize everything in time. Are indietrissimo! - Whined in the throes of an early hysterics.
- Calm down! - I said helping her.
- You tell me to calm down, but you're not having to organize a wedding in 2 months! There are people who start the first 2 years, 2 YEARS! - Squeaked, his voice touched the ultrasound, I felt the neurons of my brain explode one by one, and once again thanked the heavens for not having provided a high-pitched voice as that which characterized the women Mullen.



- Calm down - I repeated. - And do not scream so, you can help me with the wedding ... - I began casually.
- But when the parties? - Interrupted me.
- Well, thank you, Sister, I too am happy that you want me here! - I exclaimed sarcastically. He rolls his eyes, the sarcasm was not appreciated at once apparently.
- Why this change of plan? I just could not see to get back to that place from Hippy. - Exclaimed another voice shrill. Erica had to be dropped.
I turned ready to respond in kind, but its appearance killed the words in my mouth.
I never expected to find myself in front of that version of Ford Erica Mullen, scruffy, hair out of place and not rigged.
- Do not look at me like I just woke up, you can not always be at the top. - Answered by misconstruing my shocked expression.



I opened my mouth to reply but I did not know exactly what to say.
- Um, are not you glad you decided to stay for a while? All in the family, then Mara is getting married ... - I said, trying to sound from comedian.
- Of course I'm happy, what a question! - He snorted.
He walked into the kitchen, taking the cordless phone, leaving me lost in my thoughts again.
Clearly he did not want anyone to know about the matter, otherwise there would lie so blatantly.
But she could not imagine that I at least knew.



- Well, what are you doing standing there, come in the guest room, we put things there for now. - I called Mara. I followed her, still thinking about the matter. The rest
spent the morning quietly in the afternoon and decided to take advantage of the beautiful day to go jogging, so I escaped the crisis of my sister.
My mother spent all her time studying, I could not look at the cards in his presence.
courses for a long time always lost in my thoughts, and I stopped to rest when tired, I realized you have arrived right on the banks of the largest lake, the Mendota.



I stopped to stretch. I had to drag Frank in that place, we were already in my old house I could let him know the old me, I thought fondly.
breathed a great breath of fresh air after all Madison had not only downsides ...
- OH MY GOD! I can not believe! - Yelled a voice behind me.
I turned icy, the heart had stopped beating and are parallel to 120 beats per second. If I understood well that voice was not expected anything good.
- really you! Emma Mullen! How many years have passed? 8? O my goodness, I just can not believe it! But You look great! Are you married? I guess you're back to your father, I knew it was a very bad shot ... You know I was sorry a lot not being able to come to the funeral, I sent a note to Mara and Erica of condolence ... - All in one breath said the woman. I looked stunned, there was an expectation that Sarah Sheridan, the gossip in high school, she became the gossip of the town. The fact that he spoke as if he had swallowed a radio did not help my mood to prepare themselves for conversation.



- Yes, it's me ... You seem very well Sara. Thanks for sending the note, Erica will certainly appreciated. - I made a mental break, I had to really respond to his interrogation? The little devil on my shoulder told me to make her suffer, and never in that time I agreed with him.
The smiles of courtesy, but no more. I saw his face turn into ravenous disbelief, he had his thoughts on his face.
"I know I've got to know I've got to know! Here! Here! Here!"
himself together at the speed of light, blessed be your social status.
- Emma, but after all this time you have nothing to tell me? I actually lost contact with other students, not good. I have to invent something ... - Said, scratching his chin in thought. But this situation lasted for about half a second, because I had not even time to figure out what was going on she was allocated to bombard with questions. This woman took
SURELY drugs.
- Yes, I returned to my father .... -
- No, I am not married, are happily engaged for 2 years ... -
- I work in a nursery in Los Angeles ... -
- I cut them when I went away from here and then I decided to wear my hair short ... -



I went home fuming, my head echoed through all the words of that crazy.
He had wanted at all costs my phone number, taking his leave with a promise to call you shortly to arrange a reunion with our classmates.
The thought of having to review all troubled me deeply, I was aware that at the very moment when I was in the same room with all my former colleagues I would be back exactly 10 years ago.
There was also David, and although 10 years had passed I did not want to spend more time than necessary with him. I was not ready and I had passed as I was led to believe myself in the last 10 years.


0 comments:

Post a Comment